increase thermal mass, stabilize temperatures and protect the firebox. In
addition, the firebox has a replaceable cast iron panel.
Depending upon the type of wood you
burn, you could be cleaning as little as once every six weeks. A convenient
inspection plate inside the base of the oven provides access for cleaning any
products of combustion that build up within the bypass area.
Bottom and rear heat shielding.
Enables closer clearances to combustible materials.
- 2 3/8”" Soapstone Veneer
- Non-catalytic combustion technology
- Overnight burn time
- Fire brick refractory
- Metallic black finish
- Ash lip to prevent embers from falling on the floor
- Steel cook top, front and firebox
- Oven rack
- Bypass damper
- Spacious cook top
- Two removable lids
- Cast iron and glass firebox and oven doors
- 78% efficiency
- EPA Exempt (Consumers in Washington state should check with their local building department to see if the Bun Baker is approved as an EPA exempt cookstove)
- One year limited warranty
The Bun Baker XL has two air controls and a bypass damper for controlling the fire.
By-pass damper: In the open position, this diverts the flame path directly up the flue. In
the closed position, the flames are diverted down the sides of the heater, around the
oven before then travelling up the rear of the heater and up the flue.
Top air slide: This allows air to enter the firebox from above the door where it is then
drawn down into the base of the fire while keeping the glass clean.
Bottom air slide: This allows air to enter directly into the base of the fire and is used as a
boost especially when getting the fire up to temperature.
The slide on the oven door is to allow heat to escape to lower the oven temperature.
Optional Water Jacket: